You are here: o3msaf Validation
The map above shows the ozonesonde stations wich are taken into account for the validation of ozoneprofiles from GOME-2 and IASI and the tropospheric ozone column products from KNMI and DLR. These sites correspond to sites where ozone soundings are performed on a regular basis. In order to have a more global view on the performance of the ozone profile product, we used about 30 stations, introducing the SHADOZ-network (Thompson et al., 2003a, Thompson et al., 2003b, http://croc.gsfc.nasa.gov/shadoz/) for the Tropical stations. For the other stations, data was made available by the World Ozone and Ultraviolet Data Center (WOUDC). (http://www.woudc.org) and the NILU’s Atmospheric Database for Interactive Retrieval (NADIR) at Norsk Institut for Luftforskning (NILU) (http://www.nilu.no/nadir/).
Latitude belts from North to South:
1. Polar stations North: green (67N – 90 N)
2. Mid-Latitude stations North: black (30 N – 67 N)
3. Tropical stations: Red (30 N – 30 S)
4. Mid-Latitude stations South: grey (30 S – 70 S)
5. Polar stations South: blue (70 S – 90 S)